With the Schwanog PWP broaching system, serrations and grooves (keyways) can be manufactured in one operation on CNC lathes. The lathe requires a C-axis and high pressure coolant is recommendable.
It is fact that the conventional machining of serrations on turned parts requires a separate process either while milling or broaching.
Before either of these finishing processes can take place the parts generally must go through a costly cleaning process. With Schwanog’s broaching tool for serrations, manufacturer of serrated turned parts i.e. according to DIN 5480, 5481 or 5482 are able to use a completely new approach to machine these parts. I.e. the machining of a serrated part made from 1045 steel is achieved on a conventional lathe in a single operation, in just 7 seconds, eliminating the cleaning, handling, planning and controlling process.
- Significant reduction in setup costs
- Substantial reduction of part cycle time due to faster production cycles
- Entire part manufactured in a single process
- Elimination of post machining process
- Individual tool solution based on your specific application