MSLD System: Modular tooling system for swiss-type lathes!
Limited space inside swiss-type lathes with sliding heads often present a problem for quick and safe tool changeovers, thus we have developed a two-piece, compact tool changing system which consist of cartridges, bolted to the side of the base holder.
Different standardized cartridges for (form) grooving, longitudinal turning, and parting-off can be used on the base holder, which is flexibly adapted to the existing machine conditions. Both left and right-hand cartridges can be applied in the same base holder, thus the cutting tool can be positioned directly at the guide bushing or pick-off spindle. The system is available with or without internal coolant supply.
- Internal coolant supply directly to the cutting edge
- Coolant connections on left-hand side and rear or designed machine specific
- Superior flexibility due to standardized interchangeable cartridges
- Cutting tool can be positioned directly at guide bushing or pick-off spindle
- User-friendly and simple tool changeover in the machine
- Prolonged tool life due to targeted coolant supply
- Improved chip flow
- Short, compact tool and cartridge lengths